Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2020

DFI-6 Enabling Access

 DFI - 6-Enabling Access


Connected

This building bricks of Manaiakalani continues on from visible learning to ubiquitous learning.  Cool word, dare I say typical educational term.  Going to look out for the memes!  Ubiquitous meaning present, appearing or found...everywhere. 

So.  As educators we are charged with ensuring our students are prioritized. By enabling schools, teachers to connect with students and each other, ensures readiness for what may lay ahead in terms of online teaching and learning.

On show today were Google sites and Hapara for visible learning and Google Meet for connecting in real time and one site for all....

A partial snip of our site.  Still lots to do but it is always evolving and being adapted to suit 'us'.

Loved the Hapara tips and talk.  I'm still learning the features of this site.  I would like more help with this part of the journey and have found the rewindable sections really great for this.  As I can go over a lot of the content in my time it makes up for the pace set as I don't feel so pressured now to take it all in at the time.

As we concentrated on our 'sites' this time around there was the feedback portion of the day.  Access to our work! 

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

The best part was being confident that the feedback was constructive and designed to make it easier for me as a teacher. I learnt that there are many many ways to engage learners and help make that learning more visible with colour, images and student focused labels. Great task.



Next week time to add another brick of learning to the bulging site.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Rhonda
    It has been awesome reading your reflective blog posts, they are really informative and thoughtful. Your reflections on different aspects of each day are really useful, I am sure you will be able to work through some of these ideas with your facilitator.
    It is also great to see you thinking about how the learning relates to your own practice, I think this is really important and something I am trying to do as well.
    Keep up the awesome work, i'm sure that your students are really benefiting from your new knowledge and skills.
    Nag mihi nui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Natasha
      What a hectic journey! Thanks for coming over to the site. It is a work in progress that's for real. I'm so glad I'm in Dave's group....cool, laid back but really supportive and I'm comfortable now seeking advice...yay progress. I am just now, nearly at the end of the road, and tweaks of understanding regarding the Manaiakalani ethos of Learn Create and Share are just becoming more apparent. I am a very slow learner! I hope you are feeling better too and getting some rest as we sail into the last sessions. Take care! Nga mihi nui....Rhonda

      Delete